Re: How to migrate from Hibernate to Cayenne?

From: Thomas Bernhard (tbernhar..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 17:41:52 EST

    Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Cayenne does have the same capabilities. I generate DAOs, interfaces,
    > web pages, config files, and, on occasion, entire applications (struts
    > & jsf) from the Cayenne modeler using the cgen ant task. You can
    > also do this from the Cayenne Modeler directly now.
    >
    > But...
    >
    > You will need to provide your own templates to do it.
    > Cayenne does not provide such templates, except for POJOs.

    Well I read it so: "it could have the same capabitlities, but it doesn't
    unless you implement those templates" :).

    Besides, it's not just about about a bunch of templates, but the required
    GUI to turn the individual features on/off or aditional parameters.
    I checked the entire CM but I see that at the moment the GUI of CM supports
    only POJOs.

    Tom