Re: How to migrate from Hibernate to Cayenne?

From: Thomas Bernhard (tbernhar..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 17:53:53 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > If you have a "regular" generated structure in your data layer, you
    > can hack up a Velocity cgen template to match what you have for the
    > Hibernate project and run it either with the Modeler or better - with
    > cgen Ant task.

    There's some structure but it is too "hibernate oriented", and it doesn't
    looks like what I see in most example applcations that use Cayenne :).
    I think since Cayenne has it's own style, CM could generate according to
    this style.

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > For some sample templates, check out "src/dotemplates/v1_2" folder in
    > the Cayenne distro.

    That's nice, but it would be even nicer if some sort of GUI could be defined
    together with custom templates as in most cases more imput is required from
    the user.

    Thank you,

    Tom.