Determining changes in a dataobject / modification diff

From: Ilya Lazarev (glaref..mail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 09:59:07 EST

    Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything in the
    archives. The problem boils down to this: there is a cayenne object which is
    updated via a form. I want to capture changes made to every single modified
    field in a DB, the value before modification and the value after. The object
    has a number of to-many relationships, which would also have to be checked
    one by one. The simplest way I can envision this is by manually creating an
    object clone before any modifications are made, and then comparing the two
    objects and noting the differences. Is there an easier way to see a diff of
    the fields, perhaps by accessing properties of the cayenne object itself? I
    am using cayenne 2.

    Many thanks,
    Ilya