Re: cayenne-tutorial: modeler does not offer foreign keys

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2008 - 20:33:08 EST

    For the PAINTING DbEntity (the database definition, not the Java
    ObjEntity definition) in Cayenne Modeler, look under the Attributes
    tab. There you'll see an ARTIST_ID and a GALLERY_ID. These are the
    foreign keys to the ARTIST and GALLERY. If you are looking at the
    ObjEntity, you will not see these -- Cayenne Modeler doesn't map keys
    (primary or foreign) into the ObjEntity by default, although you can
    manually do so if you need them. Cayenne transparently manages the
    relationships for you behind-the-scenes.

    /dev/mrg