Storing GMT dates?

From: Alexander Lamb (alexander.lam..odanotech.ch)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 10:17:05 EST

    Hello,

    Using Cayenne 3.0M3, MySQL 5.

    I have a field which is a TIMESTAMP. It maps to a Java.util.Date class
    in Java.

    If I do a myObject.setMyTimestamp(new Date()) I will store the local
    date.

    I would like to store a GMT date.

    I tried doing this:

    Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));

    myObject.setMyTimestamp(cal.getTime());

    but again, I am back to the local time. Indeed, a trace shows "cal" is
    correctly set at the GMT value, but cal.getTime() is back to the local
    time (or at least the printout is, but it is as if Cayenne took the
    formated value and not the actual date value).

    How can I solve this problem?

    Thanks,

    Alex

    --
    Alexander Lamb
    Founding Associate

    4 ch. de la Tour de Champel 1206 Geneva Switzerland

    Tel: 022 347 77 37 Fax: 022 347 77 38

    http://www.rodanotech.ch