Re: ROP listener semantics

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 17:27:54 EST

    On 27/02/2008, at 5:20 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > This is actually a separate issue from callbacks/listeners. And we
    > need to fix it .. badly... The object diff exchange protocol
    > supports sending server-side changes back to the client (and in fact
    > we are using that - for generated primary keys), but we also need to
    > capture and send back the changes that happened to objects as a
    > result of callbacks. IMO this is a major task that we'd rather do
    > sooner than later.

    This would be very useful. Right now we have quite a lot of code which
    sets objects to hollow after commit, in order to get fresh copies of
    the data from the server with callback changes included. But it is
    easy to make a mistake and forget.

    Ari Maniatis

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001