Re[2]: ROP: validation and callbacks

From: Razumovsky Andrey (hmai..otmail.ru)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2008 - 05:02:47 EST

    AA> Answering one of the questions, this is correct - there is no
    AA> callbacks available on the client.
    AA> Andrus

    Understood.

    About my first question.. I tried to invoke manually validation (forSave) from CayenneDataObject to my client PersistentObject (i.e. to copy-paste the code). Still this didn't work.
    First, the ObjEntity.dbEntityName and ObjAttribute.dbAttributePath are nulls while working on client. This is not so bad since i can make some workaround by setting them to needed value.
    But the problem is, that client's DataMap, which is accessed by ObjEntity.getDataMap() has no DbEntities loaded, i.e. dbEntityMap is empty, while objEntityMap is correctly fulfilled. So i cannot access constraints described for my DbEntities in DataMap.
    Is there any way i can fetch DBEntity object from client?

    Thanks,
    Andrey