Get the number of FKs

From: Scott Anderson (sanderso..irvana.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 13:58:35 EST

    I've got a one-to-many relationship (employees belong to a department),
    and I'd like to search for departments that have no employees.
    Currently, I have something like:

    foreach(dept : departments) {
        if(dept.getEmployees().size() == 0)
            context.deleteObject(dept);
    }

    When I do this, it has the effect of telling Cayenne to fetch data rows
    for every employee in the database; this will not scale well. Is there
    any way I can get the size of the array without doing a custom SELECT
    query?