3-tier architecture

From: Borut Bolčina (borut.bolcin..mail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 14:01:42 EDT

    Hello list,

    is anyone here using Cayenne in 3-tier architecture?

    Scenario: several instances of web app (JSP) with no database access
    connecting to middle tier with Cayenne for data access to one or more
    databases. Middle tier is a RMI server in Spring flavor. I am also thinking
    to provide load balancing and high availability with OpenSpaces for this RMI
    sever(s). Setting up a web server to use ROP is not an option.

    If anyone has an experience to share, I would be glad to discuss it.

    Thanks,
    Borut