Re: 3-tier architecture

From: Borut Bolčina (borut.bolcin..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 19:06:22 EDT

    2008/3/13, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>:

    > On Mar 13, 2008, at 1:44 AM, Borut Bolčina wrote:
    >
    > > Wouldn't this feature push Cayenne more into enterprise league?
    > > It seems nobody is using Cayenne in the middle tier and pass data
    > > objects to presentation tier. If this would work transparently, it
    > > would save a lot of manual work coding DTOs and merging to/from them
    > > to/from
    > > data objects.
    >

    > The first sentence of the quoted text (unintentionally?) sounds like
    > FUD. The rest is _mostly_ accurate.

    Of course it is unintentionally! Can you please write a tutorial on advanced
    usage of Cayenne? That would include patterns and best practices on how to
    implement and configure 3-tier architecture without the missing rmi
    client-server services.

    We can develop some scenarios, describe them, draw them and prepare source
    templates for people to start with.

    Cheers,
    Borut

    P.S. I am interested in what is _mostly_ accurate, or better yet, what is
    not.

    Andrus