Cayenne in j2ee - message beans

From: Gary Jarrel (garyjarre..mail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 10:18:38 EDT

    Hi All!

    One of the requirements of the current project I'm working on is to use a
    j2ee environment and message driven beans in an application server such as
    glassfish.

    There is also a requirement to use a custom DAO library which relies on a
    thread bound data context.

    Basically the message bean receives a text message via JMS an prior to
    processing it, it must be stored in the database, then, once processed the
    results are also stored in a database.

    I've always tried to avoid EJBs however, in this case, my question is: has
    anyone got any "best practice" advice on how a data context should be
    created and bound to the thread in a message bean environment.

    The message beans are quite simple, in that they only receive the messages,
    an then call upon spring POJOs to do the processing of the messages.

    Thank you in advance.

    garyj