Re: Handling uncommitted objects with relations? (3.0M3)

From: Andreas Pardeike (a..sys.se)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2008 - 05:33:38 EDT

    On 20 mar 2008, at 10.19, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:

    > I might be wrong, but why you just create the Basket and the
    > relationship to Book and don't commit the context until the user
    > logs in ? :
    >
    > on adding item:
    > Basket row = _context.newObject(Basket.class);
    > row.addToBooks(someBook);
    >
    > on successful login:
    > row.setUser(someUser);
    > _context.commitChanges();
    >
    > If you need to store the selected Basket items before the user logs
    > in, to allow the user to quit shopping and return later you can do
    > that using isbn(s) and cookie(s).

    Maybe I was unclear. BASKET reflects a read/write database where I
    store my basket rows. But BOOKS is on a second database server
    (read-only) and i.e. holds the correlation isbn->title.

    All I want to do is to not store 'title' in basket but have cayenne
    fetch it (preferable lazy) when I need to display the content of
    the shopping basket. I.e. at the time I add a row to the basket in
    my web project, I only have the isbn, nothing else.

    /Andreas Pardeike