Re[2]: Child context for Web App

From: Razumovsky Andrey (hmai..otmail.ru)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 01:18:38 EDT

    Hi Pierre,

    I haven't actually ever used the 'localObject' method. I mean you can work with nested context the same way as with parent (global) one, i.e:

    DataContext context = DataContext.createDataContext();

    DataContext nested = context.createChildDataContext();
    Dicrow d = (Dicrow)nested.newObject(Dicrow.class);
    d.setDicrowname("ABC");

    //context.commitChanges(); //does nothing since child context isn't commited
    nested.commitChanges(); //creates new record in DB

    alternalively:
    nested.commitChangesToParent();
    context.commitChanges();

    Works fine for me, nested contexts won't work through ROP though, but it seems that's not your case.
    If this doesn't help, please describe your application in more detail.

    Andrey