Re: upgrading from 2.0.x to 3.0 M3: is there a guide?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 17:08:29 EDT

    >>> Anything else major?

    I think the upgrade URL has all the major things summarized.

    > mostly, I think that's a positive thing, but I think there could be
    > some improvements in the generic definitions.
    > I'll submit jiras as I encounter them.

    Good or bad (ok, context.newObject(..) no longer requires a cast,
    that's cool), but for us this was mainly a reaction to the reality of
    the Java 5 world, with Eclipse warnings on non-generics collections
    and other "nice" things. So yeah, now let's do our best to take
    advantage of this facility, since we can't simply ignore it anymore :-)

    Andrus