Many-to-many bug?

From: Scott Anderson (sanderso..irvana.com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2008 - 15:04:08 EDT

    Hi all,

    I've got a many-to-many relationship. For one object, I'm trying to
    clear all of the entries in the relational table, and then re-add them
    BEFORE doing a commit. If I do this, Cayenne tries to do an INSERT and
    then a DELETE, but this fails since the relational table has both fields
    as PKs. My application must handle the condition where no action is
    actually required on the database end, but it doesn't seem like the
    application logic should be responsible for database quirks.

    Is there a simple way to solve this? My temporary solution is to do a
    commit after removing the relationships and before re-adding them.

    Thanks,

    Scott