Re: Cayenne 3.0M4 ignoring extended data types

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 15:32:37 EDT

    On Aug 4, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Chris Gamache wrote:

    > That wipes my shared configuration each time a new library tries to
    > instantiate Cayenne. I need to add to the already initialized
    > Cayenne if
    > Cayenne has been initialized, and the only way to determine if
    > Cayenne has
    > already been initialized (at least that I have found...) is to try
    > to obtain
    > the shared configuration first. If it hasn't been initialized then an
    > exception is thrown and we branch to the initialization routines.
    >
    > This is important when library X uses Cayenne data classes mapped in
    > both
    > library Y and library Z. We can't have Z re-initalizing Cayenne
    > after Y has
    > already initialized and registered its mapped classes.

    Sure, but can you doublecheck that the types are loaded in the right
    Configuration? I.e. after all libraries are loaded, can you grab the
    shared configuration and print the contents of the ExtendedTypeMap?

    [BTW, this is the area where Cayenne indeed requires some improvement.
    Support for multi-configuration stack (aka libraries) is coming in 3.0
    - I am working on it now.]

    Andrus