Re: NUMERIC default scale behaves differently on Derby & SQL Server

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2008 - 04:18:44 EDT

    > So truncating a value to scale = 0 is actually appropriate if the scale is
    > not mapped. Of course something like 'setBigDecimal' would probably preserve
    > it, so maybe we still need a special ExtendedType to call this method.

    I guess the problem I see is that I test only against one or two databases
    so I'd rather see the *same* behaviour across databases regardless of what
    JDBC is defined to do... We flipped scale="2" for all our NUMERIC types
    since that is what our application assumes.

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html