Re: Call a service, but still with one DataContext

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2008 - 20:40:37 EDT

    Hi Chris,
    I'm not really sure I understand your question. I think you're slightly
    confused by our nomenclature. Cayenne server really is just a plain Java
    package. The server part comes from a three-tier role, where we have a
    separate client package. In this case, you'd run some sort of WS server to
    handle the client requests. Otherwise, you can use the "server" package in
    any app.

    Viewed that way, you're best bet is probably to use the servlet filter and
    bind your DataContext to the user session. This should ensure that you only
    have one DC per user. From there, you just need to apply basic principles
    for using a single DC. In particular, don't get messy with uncommitted
    state.

    --
    Kevin