Re: Handling of database NULL - default value column to modeler?

From: Demetrios Kyriakis (demetrios.kyriaki..ooglemail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 11:24:05 EDT

    >>> Also a comment/description field for each column/table in
    >>> CayenneModeler might be nice
    >> This has been implemented (and demonstrated) by Malcolm since years, but
    >> somehow never got
    >> to be included in the official trunk.
    > If you mean Malcolm Edgar, he is a committer... Could you point to the
    > patch? We may look at it again.
    Yes, that Malcolm (the author of Click) :).
    It was not a patch but a complete disto with sources to cayenne 1.2.x, and
    it's still there:
    http://click.sourceforge.net/click-maven-bundle/cayenne-1.2.2.b.zip
    (I think a directory diff to the official 1.2.2 distro might quickly show
    the changes)

    I think the reason why he did not sent a patch (but I might be wrong) was
    because the move of the trunk
    to Maven.

    (I also see that these improvements were mentioned several times on the
    cayenne lists in the past, but still not included)

    Demetrios.
    P.S. There are also improvements to DataView there (I think they are from
    the same author :) ) :
    http://click.sourceforge.net/click-maven-bundle/dataview.zip