Re: Cayenne, XML objects and JDBC 4

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 09:22:11 EDT

    Hi Stephen,

    Yes, JDBC 4 support is not in Cayenne yet, but I'd very much love to
    get it going asap.

    The thing is - most of the Cayenne developers are working on Macs and
    there's no Java 1.6 for older 32 bit Mac hardware, so we were slow to
    jump on it (I do have a 64 bit laptop now though)...

    So I am interested how did you get it going with Java 1.5 and
    PostgreSQL driver? This appears counterintuitive, as the JDBC spec
    classes are a part of the JRE (regardless of what PostgreSQL puts in
    their driver jar), so my assumption was that JDK 1.5 is not compatible
    with JDBC 4, period. Maybe I should do some experimentation when I
    have more time.

    Andrus