Using one template datamap for many databases

From: Jesper Grooss (jespe..ractrac.dk)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2008 - 19:55:36 EDT

    Hi all

    Hope this has not been answered before, or is trivial, but I could not
    find any info, and it has proven difficult for us to solve:

    We have a set of databases that share the exact same structure. The
    databases are create dynamically, so we do not even know their names
    beforehand. We have created a datamap xml file once for a template
    database and are trying to reuse this template datamap for all the
    databases. Several of the databases are active at the same time.

    I am aware of the example in:
       http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/copying-datamaps.html
    but that seems only to work when you are not using the different
    databases at the same time.

    Our current solution is to update the schema name for each dbentity
    before every use of the datamap, but that is quite error prone and does
    not perform that very well (and not at all if/when we go multi-threaded...).

    Is there a smart way to do this? One option is to make a deep clone of
    the template datamap, and update the schema name then, but do we have to
    do that manually or is there a smarter way?

    Thanks
    Jesper