Re: Using one template datamap for many databases

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2008 - 06:40:05 EDT

    Hi Jesper,

    You would definitely need multiple DataDomains, one per "cloned"
    database. However I think you can reuse EntityResolver object (and the
    DataMap that it stores). So you can do something like that to roll out
    a new database stack:

    DataDomain mainDomain = ... // this one is loaded from cayenne.xml

    DataDomain domainX = new DataDomain("domainX");
    domainX.setEntityResolver(mainDomain.getEntityResolver());

    // now manually set the DataNode for domainX and link it to the
    DataMap insider resolver

    I've actually never tried this approach, but EntityResolver is (a)
    intended to be shared by multiple threads and (b) doesn't have a
    notion of an owning parent. So this should work.

    HTH
    Andrus