Multiple queries using the same DB session !

From: Marc Gabriel-Willem (mg..ide.lu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 06:03:55 EDT

    Hello,

    We are using Apache Cayenne as ORM in our new applications.

    We would like to migrate a large existing one on Cayenne 2.0.x also,
    without modifying the current DB schema if possible.

    Currently, the application is accessing database through a JDBC
    connection pool and performs wanted query.

    Prior to execute queries, we have to set some context variables (so
    bound variables to database session)

    (these values are used later on in the queries. Queries = views or
    stored procedures)

    In SQL Server, it can be done via a query doing a "set context_info
    xxx".

    In Oracle, it can be done via the "dbms_session.set_context" method.

    We have seen that as long as connection pool context is not released we
    use the same database session, so this mechanism works well.

    How can we do the same with Cayenne?

    How being sure we do consecutive queries on the same DB session?

    Thanks & regards

    Marc GABRIEL-WILLEM

    Java Consultant

    EastNets(tm) LU

    Route des Trois Cantons, 11

    L-8399 WINDHOF

    Luxembourg

    Skype: eneumwillem

    Email: mg..ide.lu

    Fax: +32 (0)2 6560070

    http://www.eastnets.com <http://www.eastnets.com/>

      _____

    CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
    confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) only.
    Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any
    action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
    than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this
    e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and destroy the
    material whether stored on a computer or otherwise.

    DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are
    Eastern Networks ltd., unless otherwise specifically stated.

      _____

    Please consider the environment before deciding to print this email.