Support for MySQL 5.x VIEWs

From: wwwebi (wwweb..ispeed.ch)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2008 - 17:26:31 EST

    Hi,

    I was wondering how I can enable VIEWs for MySQL 5.x ?

    As far as I can see in the adapter implementation of MySQL
    (org.apache.cayenne.dba.mysql.MySQLAdapter) the following code blocks
    the access to the views:

        /**
         * Returns null, since views are not yet supported in MySQL. Views
    are available on
         * newer versions of MySQL.
         */
       ..verride
        public String tableTypeForView() {
            return null;
        }

    would it allow views if this override would be deleted for MySQL 5.x ?
    Or would there be a need for another override ?

    I want to access a legacy view by a named query but it does not work
    (xxxx not found).

    Thanks for advice,
    Martin