Cayenne with JGroups replication

From: Pirola Davide (davide.pirol..atrix.it)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2008 - 10:39:17 EST

    Hi,
    i'm developing a web application that need to store some data.
    For some reasons i can't have a database installed on a cluster, so I inted to use Apache Derby (Java DB embedded in the JDK 6.0).
    The main issue is due to the fact that i have 2 front end server so I need to synchronize the data stored in the 2 instance of the Derby database.
    My idea is to use JGroups to permit to the servers to communicate in multicast way and manually realize the synchronization.
    Whit a great surprise I found this article in the Cayenne manual:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc12/configuring-caching-behavior.html

    so cayenne already perform this kind of job?
    Where I can find some documentation or example about it?
    This solution can be used in production with a high traffic web site?

    Thanks
    Davide

    Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail potrebbero essere confidenziali e sono dirette unicamente ai destinatari sopra indicati. In caso di ricezione da parte di persona diversa ? vietato qualunque tipo di distribuzione o copia. Chi riceva questo messaggio per errore ? pregato di inoltrarlo al mittente e di distruggere questa e-mail.

    This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient of this message, please note that distribution or copying of this communication is forbidden. Anyone who receives this communication in error should return it immediately to the sender and destroy the message.