Re: $ to Build a Rich/Desktop UI for an Open Source system based on Cayenne

From: Chris Murphy (www.strandz.org) ("Chris)
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 11:56:06 EDT

    Hi Eric,

    I believe I could fit the bill as I am a Java Swing and more recently a
    Cayenne programmer.

    Here is my contribution to the Cayenne documentation:
    http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/rop-spring-swing-example-application.html

    Here is a working example of a rich client program written by myself:
    http://www.strandz.org/wombat-memory/wombat-memory.jnlp

    With the toolbar etc unfortunately the above application is starting to show
    its age. The same program has been used for many years now to roster
    volunteers for a homeless shelter here in Sydney. The demo is deployed via
    Java Web Start which we no longer use in production. Instead the users just
    follow a simple set of instructions to install the application. Having said
    all that - it 'should' work for you.

    As far as security is concerned the production application uses HTTP Basic
    authentication. However as Spring Acegi security is used a stronger
    authentication method could easily have been configured.

    I am contactable via this email address and my phone number is in my
    signature below.

    - Chris Murphy

    --
    Seaweed Software Pty Ltd,