Any way to check if object has really changed?

From: Andrey Razumovsky (razumovsky.andre..mail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 06:16:32 EDT

    Imagine you have Artist and Painting entities. You create a new Paining and
    attach it to existing Artist, then commit. The Artist object is marked as
    modified, so LifecycleListeners will fire for it, but in fact nothing
    changed in DB table (ARTIST). Is there any way to check if object has really
    changed? I suppose I could iterate through all attrs and simple to-one rels
    during lifecycle event, and compare values with cached snapshot of the CDO,
    but this seems to be an ugly way..

    Thanks,
    Andrey