Re: EJBQL and parameters

From: Francois Eyl (fey..maeur.com)
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 10:44:16 EDT

    Robert, thanks for your advises, appreciated.
    I finally made my own EJBQLTemplateQuery using velocity. This works for me.

    Still, I'm intrigued by the idea of being able to directly script
    > EJBQLQuery. Anybody else think that's interesting? If there's a favorable
    > consensus, I'll add an issue and assign it to myself.

    I'm not requesting changes in Cayenne for EJBQL scripting, I was just
    checking if cayenne did not provide it by default to not reinvent the wheel.
    But I'm not against too :)

    Andrus,

    I am not necessarily against it, but my own priority would be to make
    > SelectQuery-like type-safe object API for EJBQL as an alternative to String
    > concatenation.

    I would love that! Better than scripting EJBQL queries. That's the thing I
    was looking for a long time :)

    Thanks guys for your help.
    Francois