Re: Validation

From: Robert Zeigler (robert.zeigle..oxanemy.com)
Date: Mon Apr 13 2009 - 19:38:27 EDT

    Constraint information is available by examining the ObjEntity and
    DbEntity objects corresponding to the given object class.
    I used this in the tapestry5-cayenne integration module (t5cayenne)
    to have tapestry automatically pick up the relevant data constraints
    Note: currently, t5cayenne supports the required constraint for any
    field type, the maxlength constraint for only string types, and no
    other constraints. This is due to what I was interested in supporting
    at the time I wrote it rather than to some fundamental limitation; any
    remaining constraints will likely be added at some point in the
    future. All of those caveats notwithstanding, you can take a look at
    the code for ideas:

    http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-cayenne/source/browse/trunk/tapestry5-cayenne-core/src/main/java/com/googlecode/tapestry5cayenne/services/CayenneConstraintGenerator.java

    Robert