Re: Performance Tesing

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 04:04:57 EDT

    I've done a fair share of Cayenne-based application performance
    testing. Although I don't have a single recipe, it all depends on the
    application expected usage patterns.

    Just a general Cayenne memory management hint - if you are using
    Cayenne version prior to 3.0, watch out for DataContexts filling with
    objects. Every single object fetched via a DataContext, will be cached
    in it, so it is expected that the user takes care of disposing of
    DataContexts in one way or another (putting a DataContext in a session
    is a common strategy for doing that, but depending on your app this
    may not be enough). So if you are processing lots of objects within a
    single DataContext, consider replacing it manually (3.0 solves this
    problem by using weak references).

    Andrus