Re: DataContext cache WICKET

From: Andrey Razumovsky (razumovsky.andre..mail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 11:40:30 EDT

    Hi Arnaud,

    I haven't worked with Wicket, but...

    1. If MyFacade is a singleton, createDataContext() is the correct way to
    create a context. getThreadDataContext is used when a context is bound to
    every thread, e.g. if you want to have a separate context for every user's
    session. This is likely your case. To bind a context to every session, use
    something like WebApplicationContextFilter (works only if you have one
    domain, you need something more complicated otherwise)

    2. If you bind context to a session, as described in #1, you won't have SQL
    request at every refresh.

    --
    Andrey