Re: Memory Management using Tomcat

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 23:53:48 EDT

    To remove some of the black magic can I suggest a tool like YourKit? It is very helpful for figuring out where all your memory goes.

    Also, consider a common approach is to have one 'read-only' [1] shared context which persists for the life of the application and is used to show data (products, etc) to users. Then a small context created per session which contains just the objects which that user is modifying (invoice, invoice lines, payment, contact, etc) within the session. Certainly that isn't the only approach, but it is pretty common.

    Ari Maniatis

    [1] There is no such thing as a 'read-only' context in Cayenne. Read-only just describes the way you use it.

    --

    --------------------------> Aristedes Maniatis GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A