Re: Object Caching

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Nov 13 2009 - 06:59:55 EST

    On Nov 13, 2009, at 1:44 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

    > 2. Do you really want to fetch 2.5 million rows? If so, I assume
    > this is not a user interface :-) Perhaps Cayenne (or any ORM for
    > that matter) is not the best way to batch process that many rows.

    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, but didn't want to second guess
    too much. The discussion was still useful, as I we may fix some of the
    issues discussed here (such as single-row prefetch resolving), but
    there is an ORM overhead, and that's unavoidable.

    Cayenne can still be helpful to get the data out, but using
    ResultIterator/DataRows is probably the way to go.

    Andrus