Re: Using an Escaped LIKE Clause

From: Andrew Lindesay (ap..indesay.co.nz)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 03:40:18 EST

    Hi Andrus;

    Thanks for that -- I am fairly new to actually using Cayenne. Are you able to give me any pointers? As a guess I think I would need to add the escape character to "PatternMatchNode" and then modify something around "DataObjectMatchTranslator" or "QualifierTranslator" to turn that into SQL.

    Regards;

    > Lachlan is correct. Escaping is only supported in EJBQL now:
    > SELECT p FROM Painting p WHERE p.paintingTitle LIKE 'X_DDDD' ESCAPE 'X'
    > Should be more or less straightforward to add it to Expressions I guess.

    ___
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.lindesay.co.nz