Re: Cayenne code generation - pointers requested

From: Andrey Razumovsky (razumovsky.andre..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 03:43:51 EST

    I'm currently using Cayenne and GWT. I think the question should be if it is
    worth it to convert server beans to client beans. Do you really need data
    objects on client side? With a lack of reflection they cannot be easily used
    in UI. I think this only produces unneeded convertion.
    What I do is convert CDOs to JSON on server side, this is done with
    XML-based descriptions (which look much like json-taglib, but are
    standalone) and use only JSON-based data on client side.
    What do you think?

    --
    Andrey