Re: Individual Object Caching

From: Nishant Neeraj (nneeraj12..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 29 2010 - 03:26:35 EST

    OK. So, even if a new query results in individual object cache to be flushed, we are still avoiding DB hits becasue we have query result cache in place.

    Does query result cache gets individually flushed, or the only way is group flush [1]? Actually, I want to cache User objects (or query results) forever. User object is retrieved when user logs in using an expression like "user_name=$name and password=$pwd". I want to make sure that whenever a user updates his information the object and query result for that particular user gets flushed, not all the users that were retrieved using "user_name=$name and password=$pwd" expression. Please suggest.

    [1]http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/query-result-caching.html

    Regards
    Nishant