Individual Object Caching

From: Nishant Neeraj (nneeraj12..ahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 04:59:41 EST

    Hi,

    I am a bit confused on the way Cayenne handles object-cache. It sounds to me that object-cache gets invalidated [1], whenever a call like this takes place

    loadMenu(){...
    SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(PaintingType.class, ...);
    return (List<PaintingType>)context.performQuery(query);
    }
    Now, there are multiple users accessing the same page that calls loadMenu(), as per the document [1], for each user Object-Cache for this would be flushed and restores.

    [1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/individual-object-caching.html

    RegardsNishant Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW! http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/