Re: Adding Unique Column to a Table

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sat Feb 13 2010 - 02:43:44 EST

    On 13/02/10 6:24 PM, Nishant Neeraj wrote:
    > I am using Cayenne 3.0B1 and MySQL. I want to add a unique column to my existing table. I do not want to make it primary key.
    >

    > Can someone suggest me how to do this?

    Cayenne doesn't currently support mapping indexes of any sort in the xml map file, although there is a task to add that functionality and it will be useful. For the moment you'll need to add any indexes you need directly.

    How you actually populate your column will depend on the application, whether it is threaded, whether you need the user to be able to define the value, etc.

    Ari Maniatis

    --
    Aristedes Maniatis