Re: Merging Configuration from Multiple Deployment Units

From: Borut Bolčina (borut.bolcin..mail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 13 2010 - 08:05:00 EST

    Thanks Andrus,

    so the approach I would take now is NOT to have cayenne in any project-model
    jar.

    Those deployment units should only have *.map.xml file and then all
    applications needing one or more of the data objects from those deployment
    units have a custom cayenne.xml.

    This would be awkward for the modeller if at all possible?

    The other scenario is of course for each top project to have copies of
    *.map.xml files of those deployment units holding data objects. This
    violates DRY principle which brings a maintenance responsibility for syncing
    mapping files across all projects.

    I can also imagine having one giant project-model with all the data objects
    defined in it for all the different databases in a company (across all
    company projects), but that doesn't seem very modular.

    Anyone with any good practice advice?

    Cheers,
    Borut