Re: Visibility & Monitoring

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2010 - 16:24:20 EDT

    Andrus,

    In this same context, I have a question about what behavior I should expect to see.

    Let us assume for this scenario:
    1. a web deployment with Tomcat, typical webstore pattern
    2. 2000-5000 products with an attribute "name"
    3. custom search engine built on top of cayenne
            a. mostly standard configuration
            b. set PageSize to 50
            c. using (presumably) default caching
            d. custom factory class method used to create a select query
    4. a user searches for "guitar" substring in the name field

    Questions:
    1. Based on my tests, it appears that "hollow" objects are created but no faults are fired. (true?)
    2. If I display any product data for a subset less than PageSize, then only <PageSize> number of objects are faulted (true ?)
    3. If I execute "filterObjects" or "orderList" on the resulting list, I assume the fault is fired for all objects in the list. (true ?)
    4. What normally happens to these objects if my list pointers go out of scope? (Are they GarbageCollected per Java rules?)

    (Note: I have not been able to get much visibility in understanding (3) & (4), but I think my tests show that 1 & 2 are correct.)
    Joe