Re: Connection Pool

From: Michael Gentry (mgentr..asslight.net)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2010 - 08:57:53 EDT

    Hi Joe,

    I've deployed a long-running (up 24x7) internal application before
    that had a max of 2 DB connections using the built-in Cayenne
    connection pooling mechanism and never had any issues with running out
    of connections. The only reason I even used 2 was I had long-running
    (several minutes) queries in a background thread that might block the
    interactive portion and make the user wait during those periods, so I
    basically allocated one to the background thread and one to the user
    threads.

    I don't know of a way to report open connections off the top of my
    head, but I could look into that if needed.

    mrg