Re: Connection Pool

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2010 - 04:18:01 EDT

    Well, Wikipedia claims that the recommended stable version is 5.1.45. However, the webhost claims that he has too many users to be able to upgrade (which is a problematic answer since this will mean he can never upgrade).

    He is convinced (without any proof) that the problem lies with my code or with Cayenne. However Michael was able to run his app configured for only two connections. Furthermore there is that innodb auto-increment lock bug clearly documented for MySQL 5.0.

    I don't see any documented Cayenne bugs that could possibly cause these exceptions. My configuration seems to be well within the norm (based on the recent posts). That only leaves the documented innodb bug.

    Almost forgot, just prior to each one of the lock-exceptions an administrator was attempting to add a new product to the database (which would certainly require interacting with innodb).

    Question:
    If the innodb bug is causing the lock-exception, would this then cause the ensuing connection exception? (Again, I cannot see how Cayenne or my nominal configuration could cause both of these errors that are chronologically linked.)

    Joe