Re: cayenne wicket unit test => Current thread has no bound ObjectContext

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 10:41:39 EDT

    Arnaud,

    The recommendation has been to transition to using the BaseContext in place of the older DataContext class methods. (Ironically, it appears that the Cayenne 3.x docs have not all been updated and so in some places they show examples of BaseContext and some show examples of DataContext. This can be confusing.)

    The proper method for initializing your ObjectContext depends on whether you are intending to create a stand-alone app, or you are creating a web app (i.e. a ServletContainer). I am assuming from the error message that you have created a stand-alone app. If so, then you should do the following:

    1. Instantiate a DataContext.
    2. Bind it using BaseContext.
    3. Access later via the BaseContext class method
    4. Execute queries using the returned objectContext (which in this case is really a DataContext instance)

    example:
    BaseContext.bindThreadObjectContext(DataContext.createDataContext());
    Create some SelectQuery here

    ObjectContext oc = BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext();
    List list = oc.performQuery(query);

    Please refer one of my previous emails to you and you will see an example of using the BaseContext.

    Try this out, I think you will get better results.
    Joe