Blobs in the DataContext

From: MGargan..scholar.com
Date: Fri May 21 2010 - 21:27:07 UTC

    Hi,

            I'm using cayenne to store large files in BLOBs as a process runs.
     The first step of the process is storing large files (~ 600MB) and they
    are ending up in the DB just fine, then we run some tasks and get some
    output files, and then store the large output files (~ 500MB) to the DB.
    The output files are not making it into the DB. In fact it appears that
    the whole program is just sitting and waiting, for what, i have no idea
    and after you try and spawn another thread in the program it throws an out
    of memory exception. I was trying to figure out why the larger input
    files got persisted fine, but the large output files cause a problem and
    the only thing I could think of was that when the BLOBs are created they
    are cached in the DataContext and are never cleared eventually just
    causing the memory to be exhausted. Is this possible? Anything else
    anyone can think of?

    note: I'm also compressing the stream in memory as I'm adding it to the
    byte[], but still... it works for the input files. also, each of these
    phases of the process is followed by a commit, so all the input files are
    committed together and all the output files should be committed together
    as well, but this never happens.

    Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
    -Mike