Re: XMLEncoder / XMLDecoder

From: Gary Jarrel (garyjarre..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2010 - 07:39:10 UTC

    On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On a side note, I am not a big fan of our XML coding implementation. It is
    > DOM based and is not very scaleable. I started writing an XStream-based
    > replacement in sandbox:
    >
    > *
    > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cayenne/sandbox/cayenne-serialization/?pathrev=814869
    > * http://markmail.org/message/ljngasncx6jur6ud
    >
    > But then my own itch to solve it disappeared, so that was put on hold. IIRC
    > it is usable for most object subgraphs, but not optimized for all scenarios.

    I've been looking at using XSteam as well, seems interesting, however
    I have a need to serialize only a small number of objects so perhaps
    the current implementation would do the trick as well. XStream seems
    quite easy to use, may give it a god just for the fun of it.

    If I have decoded an object from XML is there an automated way to tell
    that the decoded object has a representing record in the database.
    Just having a look all the objects after being decoded have NEW as a
    Persistence State. I tried to also serialize the primary key during
    the serialization process, but when decoding it, it still has
    persistence state new.

    Thank you

    Gary