Re: Commit performance degradation

From: cosmin.maria..odium-it.com
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 11:53:34 UTC

    Hello,

    Yes, I am on Cayenne 3.0 release.

    I profiled the test but got a bit lost. Eclipse profiler is not very easy
    to use and cayenne is quite complex.

    From what I have seen, ObjectStore.postprocessAfterCommit() takes a lot of
    time.

    Actually, from my two tests (I set the relation -> slow, I don't set it ->
    constant time) I noticed that postprocessAfterCommit() takes much more
    time in the first case.

    If you have an idea on what to look for in a profile or for a better test,
    let me know, I will do the tests.

    Thanks,
    Cosmin

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > This is odd indeed. Are you on Cayenne 3.0?
    >
    > I am not aware of this issue. All operations involved are constant time
    ops regardless of the number of objects previously cached (such as entry
    lookup in a HashMap or a list.add(..) operation).

    > So I may try to run this code in profiler to see why it is slowing down.
    If you have access to a profiler and willing to profile it yourself,
    this will help a lot of course :-)