Cayenne 3.0 and DataViews/DVModeler

From: Tomas Stenlund (tomas.stenlun..elia.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2010 - 10:39:51 UTC

    Hi,

    as I have understood the dataviews and dvmodeler has been cut out of th
    cayenne project and is no longer maintained. Nevertheless I have kind of
    fallen in love with cayenne during my evaluation of it and also would
    like to have a look at dataviews and dvmodeler to see if it fits my
    needs. I understand that this is the user forum for cayenne but maybe
    someone can at least point me onwards if so.

    So, therefore I have compiled the dataview/dvmodeler svn source on my
    machine. So far so good, no problems.

    But when I try to open up one of my cayenne 3.0 projects in dvmodeler no
    objentities are shown and no errors are shown. I started to debug the
    dvmodeler and found out that it fails to find the children (obj-entity)
    of the data-map node.

    CayenneProject.java

    List elements = elem.getChildren("obj-entity");

    It fails because the XXXXXXmap.xml file has a
    xmlns="http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/3.0/modelMap" causing the
    getChildren above to fail. If I change the getChildren call to also
    include the namespace it works or if I remove the xmlns from the
    XXXmap.xml file. Then I can work with dvmodeler.

    So far so good, but when I reload the project into CayenneModeler it
    rewrites the namespace again and also removes any dataviews in the
    cayenne.xml. So, I need to have different configurationfiles for
    cayennemodeler and dvmodeler.

    So now to my question, does anyone have any thoughts on starting to
    maintain dataviews/dvmodeler ?

    If there are no such plans yet, If I find any changes/corrections due to
    bugs or whatever that I would like to make during my evaluation of this,
    are there anyone maintaining the dvmodeler svn source or do I keep those
    changes to my self :-)

    Is anyone using dataviews with 3.0 ?

    Cheers and thanks for a very interesting framework,

    Tomas