Re: Cayenne 3.0 and DataViews/DVModeler

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2010 - 11:21:39 UTC

    On 21/08/10 8:39 PM, Tomas Stenlund wrote:
    > If there are no such plans yet, If I find any changes/corrections due to bugs or whatever that I would like to make during my evaluation of this, are there anyone maintaining the dvmodeler svn source or do I keep those changes to my self :-)
    >
    > Is anyone using dataviews with 3.0 ?

    Although there is no one in the existing Cayenne development team who has the interest and time to look after dataviews, that certainly doesn't preclude anyone else from adopting it as a project. There was someone who was very interested in supporting it as a project, but I haven't heard what came of that.

    I would suggest that if you want to adopt the project and work on it, take it over to somewhere like github/sourceforge/etc where you can continue to run the development in the open. If there are things you need from the Cayenne core to make ongoing development possible, then please don't hesitate to pipe up on the Cayenne dev list. Keep the Apache license and it may be able to return to the Cayenne project if you are able to sustain the development.

    As for the XML schema, I recommend you keep your data in a separate file.

    Good luck with it.

    Ari

    --
    Aristedes Maniatis