Re: Escaping of characters in like/likeIgnoreCase expressions

From: Victor Antonovich (v.antonovic..mail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2010 - 13:50:42 UTC

    Hello!

    25.08.2010 17:21, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > Hi Victor,
    >
    > What does your Expression.fromString() look like?
    >
    > If I recall correctly, a % or _ in the substitution map will
    > automatically be escaped for you, but the actual fromString("...")
    > part will not.
    >
    > mrg

    Thank you for the reply. Actually string expression for passing to
    Expression.fromString() is composed from LDAP-like query by ANTLR
    generated parser. For example, LDAP expression "(someProperty=a*b*c)"
    will be transformed into Cayenne query "(someProperty like a%b%c)", but
    what is Cayenne representation of LDAP expression like
    "(someProperty=%*b*%)"?

    Regards,
    Victor.