Expression.filter and UUIDs

From: Adrian Wiesmann (awiesman..omap.org)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2010 - 10:27:26 UTC

    Hello all

    We are working with Expression.fromString() where we have something like
    this:

    'propertyXY = "b1db2da8-9630-4d55-a1bb-10f26dd085bb"'

    Unfortunately this does not work since the getter on the DataObject
    returns a UUID while the Expression recognises the UUID as a string.
    Comparing a UUID with a string does not work (well it does, but the result
    is not as wanted :) )

    So here is my question. How can we solve this problem? Are we the only
    ones encountering that problem?

    Thanks for your help,
    Adrian